Amazing Pictures of New York City in the late 1970s and early 1980s
New York City in the late 1970s and early 80s could best be described using Charles Dickens’ phrase “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” Meryl Meisler’s photographs documented it with compassion and humor.
As the city neared bankruptcy, crime rates rose, epidemics of arson and crack made the Big Apple seem like it was rotting to the core. In the midst of it all, a scintillating groundbreaking disco nightlife culture arose. Crossing the most exclusive clubs’ velvet gates, Meryl danced and photographed with her medium format camera.
1. Unisex Beauty Salon, Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY, 1984.
2. Sherlock’s Shadow, Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY, 1984.
3. Jose and Classmate in Schoolyard Chillin’, Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY, June 1984.
4. Prom Queen Contender, Les Mouche, NY, NY, June 1978.
5. DJs Spin on Le Farfalle’s Opening Night, Le Farfalle, NY, NY, June 1978.
6. Elbows at Angles, Infinity, NY; August, 1977.
7. High Hat Hand Raised, Bushwick, Brooklyn, April 1982.
8. Andy Warhol and Friend with Open Mouths, Studio 54, 1977.
9. Roller Skates, Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY, circa 1984.
10. Star Wars Party, Fire Island Pines, NY, August 1977.
11. Awake! La Atalaya, May 1982.
12. Looking From and Into The Control Room, GG’s Barnum Room, NY, NY, December 1978.
13. The Village People Stepping Out, The Grand Ballroom, NY, NY, June 1978.
14. Grace Jones Arrives on Opening Night, La Farfalle, New York; June, 1978.
15. Rejected from Studio 54, NY, October 1978.
16. Boyz to Men, Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY, October 1982.
17. Last Wall, Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY, June 1982.
18. Handshake Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY, September 1984.
19. Wild Wild West Cowgirl at Rest, Hurrah, Manhattan, March 1978.
20. Bella Abzug and Shirley Maclaine on Bella’s 57th Birthday, Studio 54, 1979.
21. Muscle Boy and The Little Rascals of Palmetto Street, Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY, May 1982.
22. Woman with Bouffant and Letters T and M, Studio 54, NY, July 1977.
23. Pink Twins, Bushick, Brooklyn, NY, Circa 1983.
24. Boy in a Tire, Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY, 1984.
25. Holding Head as Hair Flies While Dancing, Studio 54, NY, July 1977.
Labels: 1970s, 1980s, culture, life, New York, people, street
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Góc hỏi: Những phần mềm dịch phim trực tiếp hiện nay gồm những tên nào
- CÔ THẮM KHÔNG VỀ | Phát Hồ x JokeS Bii x Sinike ft. DinhLong | KIỀU THƠ COVER
- Em Luôn Ở Trong Tâm Trí Anh | The Men | Official MV
- Nơi Em Trở Về-Liêu Hưng – [ Video- kara ]
- Game Offline âm mưu rình vào phòng Miguta| ARK Eternal PvP | ARK Gaming Online