Instagram: __wakuwaku__ Facebook: www.fb.com/linh225 • Ingredients: (All the ingredients at room temperature) #Spongecake: All purpose flour: 1/4
(All the ingredients at room temperature)
All purpose flour: 1/4 cup
Corn starch: 1/4 cup
Oil: 1 tbsp
Milk: 2 tsp
Powdered sugar: 1/4 cup
Cream of tartar: 1/4 tsp
Sweet corn: 1 cup
Sweet corn: 1 1/2 cups
Corn starch: 1 tbsp
Powdered sugar: 1 tbsp
Corn boiled water: 1 cup
Cream chese (homemade): 1 cup
– Preheat the oven to 350ºF
– Add sweet corn and 1 cup water into saucepan. Bring to a rapid boil for about 5 minutes. Let it cool.
– Separate the eggs, in a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Then add cream of tartar, sugar. Beat mixture until whites are stiff peaks. Add yolks in and beat on high speed until they are thick, fluffy and light colored. Blend oil and milk, add the liquid in and beat about 1 minute.
– Sift the flour mixture into the bowl, quickly fold, add sweet corn, folding just until incorporated. Pour the batter into the baking pan with parchment paper, smoothing the top.
– Bake in preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and immediately invert the pan (turn upside down). Let it cool for at least 10 minutes.
– In a small bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, corn boiled water and stir until cornstarch is dissolved
– In a saucepan over medium heat, add the corn and the liquid in, stirring often until the mixture is thickened and corn is cooked. Set aside to cool.
– In another bowl, add cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
Corn cake topped with creamed corn and cream cheese frosting.
This cake can be covered and stored for a few days, or it can be frozen.
Serves about 8 people.
• How to Make Cream Cheese – Gemma’s Bold Baking Basics Ep 11:
• Sponge Cake Recipe (Savoury Days Kitchen):