The World Health Organization's (WHO) director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Friday that Europe had now become the epicenter of the COV
The World Health Organization’s (WHO) director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Friday that Europe had now become the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, with more daily cases being reported than at the height of the outbreak in China, where the virus first began. He added that more than 123,000 cases had been reported, with 5,000 deaths.
Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove said that the timing of when the COVID-19 virus would peak globally was not easy to predict, however the trajectory of the coronavirus in each country would depend on how they respond and how they react to their first cases. She also said that the timing of the virus peaking in countries dealing with independent clusters would depend on how they look for the chains of transmission within the clusters.
Tedros also announced anyone could now donate to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, saying they were originally relying on governmental donations, but now the general public can also contribute. He said this would help with co-ordination to combat the virus, purchase more medical equipment, and invest in research and development.
For more info, please go to
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE:
Like Global News on Facebook HERE:
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE:
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE:
#Coronavirus #COVID19 #Health #GlobalNews
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Phân Tích Kỹ Thuật Forex Ngày 25/05 | GIÁ CẢ BIẾN ĐỘNG NHIỀU CẶP NÊN MUA VÀ BÁN TRONG PHIÊN ĐẦU TUẦN
- MaxDaily 25/05: iPhone X Plus sẽ là smartphone mạnh nhất
- Nam Mỹ – Tâm chấn COVID-19 mới | Tin tức dịch Covid 19 mới nhất 24/5/2020 | FBNC
- Brazil: Số ca nhiễm tăng mạnh, chỉ sau Mỹ | Tin tức dịch Covid 19 mới nhất 25/5/2020 | FBNC
- Dự báo thời tiết ngày mai 26/05/2020 | Bản tin Thời tiết mới nhất | ANTG