I’m sharing my experience of upgrading the internal SSD on my early-2015 13″ retina macbook pro to an ADATA SX8200 PRO with the help of a sintech M.2 NGFF SSD adapter.
This same method will be applicable to Macbook Pro units from late-2013 to mid-2015, and Macbook Air devices from mid-2013 to early-2017 models.
Time stamps (skip ahead to your desired section):
0:00:09 – I/O speeds for the stock SSD
0:00:18 – Opening the chasis
0:02:26 – Cleaning the heatsink
0:03:37 – Applying new thermal paste
0:06:08 – Search and rationale for a replacing the SSD
0:09:03 – Installing the new SSD
0:10:11 – Booting from a USB installer and formating the new SSD
0:11:13 – Restoring from Time Machine backup
0:11:43 – I/O speeds for the new drive.
Macrumors forum link:
Although the title is 2013-2014 macbooks but the thread talks about a range of mac computers.
Make a bootable installer of Mac OS Mojave:
These videos by Denis Schiopu and Luke Miani helped me a lot.
I bought from amazon:
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro PCIe 3.0 x 4 M.2 NVME SSD
Screwdrivers (search Amazon or eBay):
Philips head 1.5
I bought these:
All equipment and upgrades are purchased by my own funds, there were no sponsorship deals or product advertisements.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Đọc ngay hướng dẫn cài twrp Recovery hiệu quả trên thiết bị Android
- Bỏ túi cách thêm IDM vào Chrome tiện lợi không phải ai cũng biết
- Bỏ túi thông tin hướng dẫn sử dụng adb fastboot zenfone 5 flash Asus
- Hướng dẫn cài đặt và sử dụng Adobe Audition 1.5 chi tiết nhất
- Khắc phục lỗi ‘adb’ is not recognized as an internal or external command